Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Counsellor
Employee Support Solutions
Fredericton, New Brunswick
Permanent Part Time
Employee Support Solutions
Healthy, productive, and engaged employees drive organizational performance and success. Morneau Shepell’s Employee Support Solutions is comprised of industry-leading programs and services that work together to deliver a unique and holistic Total Health Solution to our clients, helping them engage their people. Morneau Shepell is also the largest Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) provider in the world. Confidential professional support is available to employees and family members in-person and telephonically, as well as digitally through E-Counselling, Video Counselling, First Chat (online chat), and our My EAP mobile device application, to help resolve work, health, and life challenges. Our award winning innovations and technology help to ensure that our support solutions are available anytime, anywhere.
Reporting to the Regional Clinical Manager, you will be providing counselling services for Morneau Shepell's Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
•Provide short-term counselling to a diverse set of clients dealing with various personal issues that may or may not be work-related;
•Evaluate client needs and work with them to set objectives and develop a strategy to achieve them, within the terms and conditions of the client’s EAP;
•Provide excellent clinical services and embrace Morneau Shepell’s culture of continuous learning;
•Manage the administrative requirements as dictated by Morneau Shepell’s clinical models.
•Professional liability insurance provided by Morneau Shepell;
•Office space provided by Morneau Shepell;
•Clinical supervision available;
Succeeding as an EAP Counsellor will require the following core qualifications and skills:
•Master’s Degree in Counselling, Psychology, or Social Work;
•Professional College membership or registration with a mental health association;
•Minimum five (5) years post-graduate counselling experience with multiple populations;
•Ability to set short term objectives and use a solution focused approach;
•Ability to clinically manage high-risk cases, including clients who are a threat to self or others;
•Able to work with individuals, couples and families and good knowledge of community resources;
•Excellent time-management skills with the ability to handle a large volume of clients;
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
•EAP industry experience is an asset;
•Exceptional customer service focus, high professionalism and adherence to ethical principles of conduct;
•Basic knowledge of computer systems is an asset.
|How to Apply||
Apply online or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Correctional Service Canada - Health Services Dorchester (New Brunswick), Moncton (New Brunswick), Renous (New Brunswick), Saint John (New Brunswick), St. John's (Newfoundland and Labrador), Dartmouth (Nova Scotia), Halifax (Nova Scotia), Springhill (Nova Scotia), Truro (Nova Scotia)
Provision of direct assessment, therapeutic/counseling intervention, crisis intervention, advocacy and support services to offenders with mental disorders.
Provision of professional advice, specialized consultation and training to CSC non-health and health staff relating to offenders with mental health disorders and co-occurring disorders.
Development, coordination and implementation of community reintegration services including clinical discharge plans and services for offenders with significant mental health disorders and co-occurring disorders being released into the community from a treatment center or regular institution within the Correctional Service of Canada.
|How to Apply||
Apply online with the link: https://emploisfp-psjobs.cfp-psc.gc.ca/psrs-srfp/applicant/page1800?poster=1306497&toggleLanguage=en
We are looking for caring and compassionate Volunteer Crisis Interveners to help us increase our capacity to answer calls and chats. We require a minimum of 2 hours per week commitment with an option to volunteer for additional hours.
Chimo Helpline is a toll-free service which provides confidential, crisis intervention service to all residents of New Brunswick 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our Interveners provide support through active listening, problem solving, community resources and suicide intervention.
|How to Apply|
The Eel River Bar First Nation is presently looking for social workers to fill many different vacancies. The positions are in the area of child protection, intake / investigation and child in care / resources. Salaries will be equal with the province of NB (i.e. CUPE 1418) and the benefits of working in Eel River Bar First Nation’s will be very favourable for new employees. If you are interested or know of any fellow social workers who would like to gain great experience working in a First Nation’s community, please send your resume to, email@example.com
|How to Apply|
Calian is proud to continue a long-standing contractual relationship with the Department of National Defence (DND) to provide healthcare services to the Canadian Armed Forces. Through the Health Care Provider Contract, Calian employs health care professionals across Canada who are integral to supporting the health and wellbeing of our military members.
The mental health team at CFB Gagetown is seeking a full time Clinical Social Worker to join the team and provide mental health support to serving members of the Canadian Armed Forces.
Are looking for a rewarding position where you can make a difference?
Join this mental health team and work alongside a mental health team consisting of Psychiatrists, Clinical Psychologists, Mental Health Nurses, Addictions Counsellors, and Clinical Social Workers.
• Collaborative Shared-Care Model
• Motivated Clients
• Time for Administrative Duties
• Range of Presenting Issues
Key Duties Include:
• Managing crisis interventions and conducting risk assessments for individuals and families
• Conducting intakes and completing bio-psychosocial assessments for a wide range of presenting issues such as work related stress, depression, anxiety, substance abuse, suicide ideation, relationship struggles, family stress, somatic complaints, personality disorders and PTSD
• Providing treatment through a variety of approaches including individual therapy, couples therapy, and group treatment therapy followed by evaluation of the treatment and therapeutic outcome
• Presenting the clients’ care with recommendations to the inter-disciplinary healthcare teams to develop an individualized treatment plan
• Analyzing the clients’ needs and provide information and advice to them and their families related to access to appropriate services and resources
• Facilitating educational activities and group interventions such as pre-deployment briefings, psychosocial services overview presentations, and group psycho-education sessions
• Implementing new interventions or treatment approaches such as telemedicine and virtual reality therapy
• Distributing local outreach material such as mental health awareness material to bases and units
• Creating and maintaining confidential client reports on treatment services
To be eligible for this position you must meet the following three requirements:
1. Must have a Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in Social Work from a recognized university
2. Must have a minimum of 3 years post-graduate experience with an adult population administering assessments, creating treatment plans, and delivering counselling services for individuals, couples, and groups.
3. Must hold a current membership certificate as a Registered Social Worker with the New Brunswick Association of Social Workers
Type of assignment:
Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
Clinic Hours: Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 4pm
|How to Apply||
If you are interested in knowing more about our role at CFB Gagetown, please email Amy Robillard directly. She will contact you in order to schedule an informal call to discuss your interest.
Northside Counselling Services a small private practice located in Fredericton, NB with clients of all ages, for individual, couples or family counselling. We are expanding and are looking for a Clinical Social Worker to join our team. We are covered by many Employee Assistance Plans and insurance plans, and referrals come from many sources. Clients come in to deal with many issues such as stress, anger, anxiety, grief, parenting, relationships, and depression.
Applicants MUST have a Masters in Social Work from an accredited university and MUST be registered in good standing with the New Brunswick Association of Social Workers. Experience in direct practice counselling is required. Written and spoken competence in English is necessary. Bilingualism is an asset. The position can be either full- or part-time.
Responsibilities would include:
- Completing intakes for new clients
- Developing and implementing individual counselling plans, as well as any necessary follow-up
- Providing direct, face-to-face services based on the needs of the clients and the guidelines of the EAP’s or referral sources
- Completing case notes and any other documentation
- Consulting and collaborating with other professionals and service providers for resources or referrals
- Participating in local Expos and other events that introduce our services to potential clients
- If interested, facilitating groups or workshops for clients
- Maintaining your own schedule and booking of appointments
We strive to create a positive work environment that supports our staff, encourages self-care and peer collaboration, and welcomes ideas for services. We are looking for someone who communicates well, is able to work independently, and is client-focused. Salary will be discussed.
|How to Apply||
Please apply by forwarding your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org