The NBASW provides its members with a variety of benefits and services, both personal and professional. In addition to the use of the regulated professional titles of “Social Worker” and “Registered Social Worker” and the privilege of practicing social work in New Brunswick, membership with the NBASW also provides members with: a collective voice; leadership and networking opportunities; access to professional support and guidance; access to publications; and information relevant to social work and membership discount programs.
Some of these benefits include:
- Access to Continuing Education, including a discount code for training through the Crisis and Trauma Research Institute (CTRI) and ACHIEVE Centre for Leadership. The discount code will get you 15% off any public workshops (including online and in-person) or OnDemand workshops (which allow you to view a pre-recorded workshop at your own pace). To access the discount code, please email email@example.com with the subject "Discount Code" and we would be happy to provide it to you.
- Access to Bursaries & Grants
- Access to Ethical Consultation Services: The NBASW Registrar is available to provide individual consultation to members regarding practice issues. Members can also submit questions to the NBASW Practice Issues, Ethics and Professional Standards Committee.
- Access to Professional Liability Insurance: In New Brunswick, only social workers who are engaged in private practice are required to have professional liability insurance. However, any social worker may choose to purchase liability insurance. This insurance is available through the Canadian Association of Social Workers (CASW). The NBASW is a member of CASW and therefore all registered social workers in N.B. are also members of CASW. BMS is the company that provides professional liability insurance for CASW. Information about this member benefit can be accessed here.
- Access to Home & Auto Insurance: NBASW members receive discounted rates on home and auto insurance through Co-operators Group Insurance. In addition, those who hold property insurance through the Co-operators are eligible for their Customer Perks Program, which allows you to save money by taking advantage of more than 3000 discounts from popular name brands and trusted local stores. For more information or to get a quote visit www.cooperatorsgroupinsurance.com or call 1-800-387-1963.