The NBASW provides its members with a variety of benefits and services, both personal and professional. In addition to the use of the regulated professional titles of “Social Worker” and “Registered Social Worker” and the privilege of practicing social work in New Brunswick, membership with the NBASW also provides members with: a collective voice; leadership and networking opportunities; access to professional support and guidance; access to publications; and information relevant to social work and membership discount programs.
Some of these benefits include:
- Access to Continuing Education
- Access to Bursaries & Scholarships
- Access to Ethical Consultation Services: The NBASW Registrar is available to provide individual consultation to members regarding practice issues. Members can also submit questions to the NBASW Practice Issues, Ethics and Professional Standards Committee.
- Access to Professional Liability Insurance: In New Brunswick, only social workers who are engaged in private practice are required to have professional liability insurance. However, any social worker may choose to purchase liability insurance. This insurance is available through the Canadian Association of Social Workers (CASW). The NBASW is a member of CASW and therefore all registered social workers in N.B. are also members of CASW. BMS is the company that provides professional liability insurance for CASW. Information about this member benefit can be accessed here.
- Access to Home & Auto Insurance: NBASW members receive discounted rates on home and auto insurance through Cooperators Group Insurance. For more information or to get a quote visit www.cooperatorsgroupinsurance.com or call 1-800-387-1963