Challenging Behaviour Workshop
Thu, Aug. 23, 2018 9:00am — 4:00pm
The school learning environment is a wonderful social experience. Yet, children with Autism(ASD) may be prone to difficulties in this setting due to the underlying core deficits that define ASD.
The difficulties that children with ASD experience range from reduced academic achievement to disruptive behaviours.
As teachers, you are dedicated to helping children reach their maximum potential. Yet, at times, you may feel overwhelmed and perhaps even frustrated due to a student's disruptive behaviour and/or lack of engagement in the learning process.
If you have ever felt like this or perhaps just want more information regarding strategies that you can incorporate into your classroom, then this workshop is for you!
Date: August 23rd, 2018
Location: Saint John, NB
Price: $125 Now: $75
Further Details To Be Announced
What You Will Learn
- The underlying aspects of ASD that may contribute to disruptive behaviours
- Basic principles of Applied Behavioural Analysis
- Proactive strategies to prevent disruptive behaviours
- A framework for assessing the function of disruptive behaviours
- Strategies for handling disruptive behaviours 'in real time'
A BCBA and a Speech Language Pathologist will facilitate the workshop. Our intent is to provide you with additional knowledge and strategies that will influence children with ASD.
For the event poster, please click here.